Note : The information published below is according to my view and is not the official information from the JNT University, Hyderabad

As many of my friends are asking me right from 3rd year of B.Tech (2011-2012) whether we can leave two subjects for the award of degree, i was only replying with the answer that its not been included in the academic regulations (or the Syllabus book for Better understanding) and we can't leave two subjects for the award of degree. (The same rule was Included in the academic regulations of R05 & R07, which was mentioned in the Syllabus Book)

So, for this reason many of my friends requested me to do something as I am Global Moderator Of JNTU WORLD \m/
(Well, A Global Moderator Or Team Member Of JNTU WORLD is also a random Student like the one's who are reading this post but have track of information regarding Time Tables, Notification's, Results, Regulations Etc.)

Then, I thought of filing an RTI as of why JNTUH have removed the two subjects rule from the academic regulations of R09. Frankly, I was very lazy to file an RTI (even though one of my Junior prepared a doc & mailed me, I have to just take a print out and submit at JNT University Hyderabad) & when I dared to go forward I was down with fever. Even, though i didn't have any expectations on JNT University regarding its Reply (Yeah, it has been trolling me every time with my results) So, I decided to use my common sense & God Google and search on the internet. Then, I went on to browse finding who generally sets these rules for Universities to ward a b.tech degree (I was not a noob, i was searching exactly whether UGC frames these regulations or the University Itself) but for my bad luck, after 15 minutes, google didn't give me a good set of results what I expected. Then I went on with UGC Website, after 15 mins of browsing I found out that UGC Has many Professional Councils under it like the AICTE, MCI, etc. AICTE generally governs the Engineering/ Technical education in India. So, I now logged into AICTE and after 15 mins of browsing I found an Awesome Document where in All the Rules, Regulations, Course Structure, Syllabi, Credit Based System, etc everything are proposed and are common for all engineering colleges throughout India.

Targeted Info :
I have found a file "Model Syllabi For Under Graduate Course For Computer Science" at AICTE's website, browsing through it I came across Basic definitions where 17th para describes "Credits Required For Award Of Degree" which states : "Number of Credits to be earned by a student for the UG (E&T) Degree Award fixed by Universities/Institutions to be normally in the range of 160 (20/Sem.) to 200 (25/Sem.); Widely accepted value: 176 (22/Sem.); Also, each student to be successful in the mandatory courses as may be prescribed to qualify for degree"






Inference & Conclusion :

1. "Number of Credits to be earned by a student for the UG (E&T) Degree Award fixed by Universities/Institutions to be normally in the range of 160 (20/Sem.) to 200 (25/Sem.)"

JNT University Hyderabad, has set 50 Credits per year (1st Year (50) , 2-1 (25) & 2-2 (25) , 3-1 (25) & 3-2 (25) , 4-1 (25) & 4-2 (25). Credits for some branches like ECE, EIE, ETM etc varies between 23 and 27 because, labs 7 subjects have been adjusted. But, nevertheless the total credits sum upto 200 for any branch/course.
So, we must require 200 credits (If, 25 Credits Are Given For Sem) to get a degree which has been said above.

2. "Also, each student to be successful in the mandatory courses as may be prescribed to qualify for degree"


Which says that, students must pass in Mandatory course (subjects) to get a Degree. Mandatory Courses Being "English" & "English Language Communication Skills Lab" In first year & "Advanced English Communication Skills Lab" in 3rd year for JNTU Hyderabad Courses.



Note :
(i) We can say that, JNT University Hyderabad has framed the academic regulations as per rules & model syllabi proposed by AICTE and it may not have powers to amend the academic regulations of R09 to bring the leaving of two subjects Rule.

(ii) The Model Syllabi which I read was the 2012 version and there has been no change in Regulations of JNT University Hyderabad since 2009 (R09) till 2012. So, I Am assuming that there was also no changes in Model Syllabi (if there would have been any, JNTU Hyderabad University Would have made changes in regulations accordingly)

(iii) We can't move further until be have the model syllabi of 2005 & 2007 proposed by AICTE, where in we have to search for the "Eligibility For The Award Of Degree". Because R07 & R05 Regulations had total credits of more than 200 (224 Credits In Total out of which 216 Have to be secured), So they might have allowed the students to leave two subjects Or 8 credits for award of degree.
Well, if anyone has Model Syllabi for 2005 & 2007 Years please feel free to mail it to bharath4everyone@gmail.com or bharath@jntuworld.com or contact me on Facebook

(iv) This post is entirely based on my view & work, and is not officially from JNT University.

(v) The RR regulations (For Batches admitted in 2002, 2004 & 2004 Years) also didn't have this rule & JNT University didn't made any changes in the regulations (as to exemption of two subjects to award of degree) to bring this into force. As it was not mentioned, it was not changed. The same will be happening with R09 Regulations.

(vi) Don't hope that JNT University Hyderabad will allow you to leave two subjects (as our JNTU WORLD sources say us that this exemption of two subjects rule may not be introduced at most), Please study well and try to clear all your subjects as this is the last attempt.